HOW TO BECOME A PILOT AFTER 12TH
Becoming a pilot is not as easy as it seems, it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. It’s not just about passing the exams but also about learning the basics of flying. There are a number of things that would help you become an airline pilot after 12th.
If you are a 12th pass and want to become a pilot, then you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be between 18-23 years of age.
- You must be physically fit, as per the medical standards set by DGCA (Director General of Civil Aviation).
For becoming an Airline Pilot or Commercial Pilot, it is mandatory that you complete your training from an approved flying school or institute in India or abroad which has been recognized by DGCA for providing training for these positions.
To become an Airline Cabin Crew member, there is no formal education requirement but candidates should possess good communication skills and personality traits such as patience & friendliness toward others.
Pre-Pilot Training Course
The Pre-Pilot Training Course is a one-year programme that includes a wide range of subjects such as physics, mathematics, English, general knowledge and aviation. The duration of this course can be reduced to six months if you have already completed your graduation in any stream from any recognised university or institute.
This course is conducted at various centres across India by different organisations such as Airports Authority of India (AAI), Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and National Flying Club (NFC).
Airline Entry, Pre-Flight Training and Advanced Jet Pilot
- Airline Entry, Pre-Flight Training and Advanced Jet Pilot
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance
Commercial Pilot Licence
Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
Commercial pilots are involved in the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail for remuneration. They fly aircrafts which are used for non-scheduled or charter flights.
- Airline Entry: You can join an airline as a co-pilot after obtaining your CPL.
- Pre-Flight Training: You must complete a pre-flight training course before you start working as a commercial pilot; this is provided by various organizations such as International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Advanced Jet Pilot: If you wish to fly large aircrafts like Boeing 777 or Airbus A380, then you must undergo advanced jet pilot course offered by IATA
- You can become a pilot after 12th
- There are many career options for you in aviation industry.
- It is important to know about the different types of pilots and their jobs before making any decision.
The above mentioned are some of the courses that you can opt for after 12th. If you have any queries regarding this article, feel free to comment below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.