WHAT TO REPLY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS
Oh, you’re a pagan? That’s so cool! I’ve been trying to find out more about my own pagan roots, but it’s hard to get started when all anyone seems to be doing is saying Merry Christmas.
When someone says “Merry Christmas,” it’s easy to feel like a liar. You don’t actually believe in God, so how can you celebrate his birth?
But when people say this, they’re not trying to make us feel bad about ourselves–they usually just want us to know that they care about our well-being. So let’s take a moment and look at some of their possible motivations:
- They might be worried about our souls because they know how much we love Christmas (and want us to keep enjoying it).
- They might think that we’ll go to hell if we don’t believe in God or follow his teachings…which is totally not true! You will not burn in hell for saying “Happy Holidays.” In fact, I think most Christians would agree with me when I say that all religions are equally valid paths toward understanding God and living an ethical life on earth; moreover, they would probably agree with me when I say that no one should ever go through life feeling guilty because their beliefs differ from those around them–especially during such an important time as Christmas!
WHAT IS IT, THE CHRISTMAS TRADITION?
Christmas is a Christian holiday. It’s celebrated on December 25th and it marks the birth of Jesus Christ, who is believed to be the Son of God. The tradition of Christmas has been around for hundreds of years, but it wasn’t always a religious holiday. Today, most people celebrate Christmas by going to church or buying gifts for friends and family members. There are many different kinds of customs that people follow when they celebrate Christmas; some are old while others are new!
CHRISTMAS IS FOR HIPPIES AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.
- Christmas is for everyone.
- Christmas is a time for family, friends and fun!
- It’s a time to be grateful for the things you have in your life.
- And it’s also a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ (and other religious figures).
THAT SOUNDS AWESOME.
- “That sounds awesome.”
- “I’m so jealous.”
- “That’s great.”
Merry Christmas to you too, even if you aren’t a Christian!
You can say Merry Christmas to anyone, even if they’re not Christian. If a non-Christian friend or family member says Happy Holidays and you want to follow suit, that’s totally fine! Or maybe you just want to say nothing at all. Either way is fine–it’s up to you how much religious significance (or lack thereof) your holiday wishes hold.
Merry Christmas! We hope you enjoyed this little exercise in writing your own responses to the question “What do you say when someone says ‘Merry Christmas’?” If you have any questions or comments, we’d love to hear them.
Answer ( 1 )
WHAT TO REPLY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS
It’s that time of year again! You know what I’m talking about. Christmas is just around the corner and, with it, all the holiday cheer. But not everyone celebrates Christmas. In fact, there are a lot of people who don’t celebrate the holiday for a variety of reasons. So, what do you say when someone says “Merry Christmas” to you? Here are a few suggestions for how to respond to well-meaning holiday cheer when you don’t celebrate Christmas.
The different ways to say Merry Christmas
When it comes to wishing someone a Merry Christmas, there are a few different ways that you can go about it. You can simply say “Merry Christmas,” or if you want to get a little more festive, you can say “Happy holidays!” or “Season’s greetings!” No matter how you choose to wish someone a Merry Christmas, they will be sure to appreciate the gesture.
What to say if you don’t celebrate Christmas
If you don’t celebrate Christmas, there are a few things you can say to someone who wishes you a Merry Christmas. You can simply say “thank you,” or you can explain why you don’t celebrate the holiday. For example, you might say “I’m not Christian, so I don’t celebrate Christmas.” You could also say “I’m Jewish,” or “I’m Muslim.” If someone persists in wishing you a Merry Christmas after you’ve explained that you don’t celebrate the holiday, you can politely say “Merry Christmas” back, or simply thank them again.
How to respond to a child’s Merry Christmas
When someone says “Merry Christmas” to you, there are a few different ways that you can respond. One way is to simply say “Merry Christmas” back to the person. Another way is to say “Thank you” or “I appreciate it.” You could also say something like “Have a great day.”
Tips for spreading holiday cheer
The holiday season is a time for spreading cheer and joy. Here are some tips on how you can make the most of this festive time:
1. Get into the spirit of giving. The holidays are a great time to show your loved ones how much you care about them. Whether it’s buying them a present, or simply doing something nice for them, let them know that you’re thinking of them this holiday season.
2. Spread some cheer with your words. A simple “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays” can go a long way in making someone’s day. Make an effort to speak kindly to those around you and wish them well during this special time of year.
3. Bring some happiness into other people’s lives. One of the best ways to spread holiday cheer is by bringing a smile to someone else’s face. Whether it’s volunteering your time at a local shelter, or simply paying for the coffee of the person behind you in line, these small acts of kindness will be sure to put a smile on somebody’s face.
4. Take some time for yourself. The holidays can be a hectic and stressful time for many people. Remember to take some time out for yourself and do something that you enjoy. Relaxing with a good book, taking a long walk, or spending time with family and friends are all great ways to de
Merry Christmas! This is such a joyous time of year, and it’s always nice to hear kind words from friends and strangers alike. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, it’s always polite to respond in some way when someone offers you holiday wishes. So what should you say when someone says “Merry Christmas”? Here are a few ideas… Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too! Wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold! May your days be merry and bright!