Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national-level engineering entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Advanced is the second stage of the two-tiered examination and is considered one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in the world. To be eligible to take the JEE Advanced, candidates must have qualified the JEE Main. The minimum marks required in JEE Advanced to get into an IIT depends on various factors such as category, total number of candidates appearing for the exam, etc. In this blog post, we will explore the minimum marks required in JEE Advanced to get into an IIT. We will also look at some of the top colleges that accept JEE Advanced scores and their cutoff marks.
There are 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in India. They are located in Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi. Each IIT is an autonomous public engineering and research institution which offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in engineering.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the main entrance exam for admission to all the IITs. To get into an IIT, students must score high marks in the JEE Advanced exam. The minimum marks required to get into an IIT varies from year to year and also depends on the category of the student (e.g. general category or SC/ST).
Here is a list of the minimum marks required to get into each IIT for the past few years:
IIT Bhubaneswar: General – 50%, OBC-NCL – 45%, SC – 40%, ST – 40%
IIT Chennai: General – 50%, OBC-NCL – 45%, SC – 40%, ST – 40%
IIT Delhi: General – 60%, OBC-NCL – 54%, SC – 48%, ST – 42%
IIT Guwahati: General – 55%, OBC-NCL – 49.5%, SC -44
There are various courses that students can pursue at IITs. The most popular courses include engineering, computer science, and information technology. However, there are many other courses available at IITs, such as business, economics, and humanities.
IITs offer a wide range of courses to cater to the diverse interests of students. Engineering is the most popular course among students who want to pursue a career in technical fields. Computer science and information technology are also popular courses among students who want to work in the IT industry. Business and economics are two other popular courses offered at IITs. These courses are beneficial for students who want to pursue a career in business or finance. Humanities is another popular course offered at IITs. This course is beneficial for students who want to pursue a career in teaching or research.
To be eligible for JEE Advanced, candidates must:
1. Be among the top 2,24,000* scorers in JEE Main.
2. Score at least 75% marks in Class 12th exams, or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective Class 12 board exams.
3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories must score at least 65% marks in Class 12th exams, or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective Class 12 board exams.
4. Candidates who appeared for their Class 12th examinations in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020. However, those who appeared for their qualifying examination in 2018 or before are not eligible.
5. There is no age limit to appear for JEE Advanced.
To get into an IIT, you need to have a minimum of 75% marks in JEE Advanced. This means that if you are aiming for an IIT, you should be aiming for a top score in JEE Advanced.
There are a total of three rounds in the IIT admission process – JEE Advanced, JEE Main, and the counselling round. Candidates who clear the JEE Main exam with a good rank are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced exam. The candidates who qualify the JEE Advanced exam are then called for the counselling round.
The selection process for IIT admission is as follows:
– Candidates must first clear the JEE Main exam with a good rank in order to be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced exam.
– The candidates who qualify the JEE Advanced exam are then called for the counselling round.
– In the counselling round, candidates are allotted seats in different IITs based on their preference and availability.
The JEE Advanced is a very competitive exam and the minimum marks required to get into an IIT can vary from year to year. However, if you are aiming for an IIT, it is important to score as high as possible on the exam. To give yourself the best chance of success, make sure to study hard and use all the resources at your disposal. With dedication and hard work, you can achieve your goal of getting into an IIT.
You must login or register to add a new answer .