Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Xiaomi India started its operation in August 2014. The Chinese electronics company announced its expansion into India with the launch of its flagship Mi 3 smartphone. Xiaomi entered Indian Cyberspace with two devices in August 2014, coming up with RedMi 1S and Mi 3. Xiaomi RedMi 1S was very popular in Indian Cyberspace and was sold out within seconds during the first few flash sales. The company had to face a lot of issues regarding flash sales and finally, it shifted to an open-sale model where the phone was available without any registration.
In 2014, Xiaomi started to invest in the Indian market and set up an R&D team in Bengaluru. The company launched its first product in the country, RedMi 1S, In August 2014. India is now one of Xiaomi’s key global markets outside of China.
Reasons for Xiaomi’s early success in India include:
1. A focus on online sales: Xiaomi began selling its products exclusively online in India, a strategy that proved successful in China. In 2015, the company partnered with Flipkart, one of India’s largest e-commerce platforms.
2. An aggressive pricing strategy: Xiaomi products are typically much cheaper than competing products with similar specifications. For example, the RedMi 3S+ was launched in 2016 at a price of Rs 9,999 (US$ 150), while a comparable phone from another brand might cost upwards of Rs 15,000 (US$ 225).
3. A great product lineup: Xiaomi offers a wide range of products in India, from smartphones to smart TVs to air purifiers. This gives consumers a one-stop shop for all their tech needs.
4. A strong focus on customer service: Xiaomi has set up more than 500 service centers across India to help customers with any issues they may have with their products. The company also has a robust social media presence and is quick to respond to customer queries and complaints.
5. A growing ecosystem of partners: Xiaomi has forged partnerships with a number of companies in India to expand its reach and offer more services to its customers. These partners include Jio, Amazon, and Uber, among others.
In 2014, Xiaomi India started its operation with the launch of its first product in the country, the RedMi 1S. Xiaomi India’s Head of Marketing and Sales, Manu Jain, said that the company chose India as its first international market due to the country’s vast potential.
Since then, Xiaomi has seen tremendous success in India. In just four years, it has become one of the leading smartphone brands in the country. As of 2018, Xiaomi is the second-largest smartphone brand in India with a market share of 27 percent.
In 2014, Xiaomi India start its operation in India. The Chinese company has announced that it will invest $500 million in India over the next three years as part of its expansion plans in the country. Xiaomi plans to set up two million Mi Home stores in rural India by 2019. The company also plans to open 500 new Mi Authorized Stores and 100 exclusive service centers across the country.
2018 was a big year for Xiaomi India in terms of investment. The Chinese smartphone maker invested in 10 Indian startups including ShareChat, KrazyBee, Mi Finance, Mi Pay, and Labs.
This move by Xiaomi is part of its larger goal to build an ecosystem of connected devices and services in India. By investing in these startups, Xiaomi is able to gain access to new technologies and talent. Additionally, it helps the company to better understand the Indian market and consumers.
So far, Xiaomi’s investment strategy has been paying off. The company is now the leading smartphone brand in India with a market share of 30%.
In 2014, Xiaomi India started its operation with an online market focus. The company wanted to tap into the growing e-commerce market in the country. It started selling its products through online channels such as Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal. The company has also set up its own website in the country.
The company’s focus on the online market has helped it gain a significant market share in the country. Xiaomi is now the leading smartphone brand in India with a market share of 27 percent. The company’s online sales account for a majority of its total sales in the country.
Xiaomi entered Indian Cyberspace in 2014 with two devices RedMi 1S and Mi 3 and Xiaomi India head Hugo Barra promised more products would be coming to India. Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 was the first device that was made available for flash sale in India on Amazon.in website. Since then, Xiaomi has partnered with many Indian e-commerce websites like Snapdeal, Flipkart, Amazon etc. to sell their devices.
You must login or register to add a new answer .