I WANT TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH SPEAKING
I’m an ESL student who wants to improve my English speaking skills. I want to become an effective communicator in the English language and learn business and job-related vocabulary and expressions. I also want to improve my listening comprehension and pronunciation by taking classes online or in person at a local college or university.
I want to improve my English speaking skills.
Speaking is the most important skill in a new language, and it’s what you’ll use most often. You can improve your speaking skills by speaking with native speakers, listening to podcasts and audiobooks, reading aloud every day (even if it’s just for a few minutes) and practicing with friends or family members.
If you want to take things further than that–if you want extra practice outside of class time–a tutor may be able to help. A tutor will work with you on specific areas where they think improvement is needed but also give feedback on general pronunciation issues so that they can be addressed before they become too ingrained in your speech patterns
I want to become an effective communicator in the English language.
Before you start on a solution, it’s important to define the problem. For example: “I want to become an effective communicator in the English language.”
- What does this mean?
- How will I know when I’ve reached my goal?
You should also set short-term goals before starting work on your long-term ones. For example: “By March 2019, I will have improved my speaking skills so that they are at least up to par with those of native speakers.” This way, if something goes wrong along the way or if things take longer than expected (which is often true), then it won’t be too big of an issue because there’s still time left until March 2019!
I want to learn business and job-related vocabulary and expressions.
I want to learn the vocabulary and expressions related to business and job-related topics.
- Business vocabulary:
- “business” and “businesses” (nouns)
- “to start a business” (verb)
- Job vocabulary:
- “job” (noun)
- Interview vocabulary:
- “interview” (noun)
- Application vocabulary:
- application form – CV/Resume
I want to improve my listening comprehension and pronunciation.
Listening is the most important skill in English. It’s not just about understanding the words, but also understanding the context and tone of what is being said.
I want to improve my listening comprehension and pronunciation by:
- Listening to podcasts that are interesting and relevant for me (e.g., news podcasts) on a regular basis (e.g., once per week).
- Watching videos with subtitles in English about topics I care about (e.g., travel guides).
I want to develop my ability to speak spontaneously and expressively in English.
It’s important to speak with confidence and express yourself in English, as this will help you develop your ability to speak spontaneously. If you’re not comfortable speaking English yet, don’t worry! Practice makes perfect! Here are some tips on how you can develop your ability to express yourself more effectively:
- Speak slowly and clearly. Try saying each word individually before moving onto the next one; this will help make sure all of them are pronounced correctly. You can also try repeating what someone else has said back at them so they know they’ve been understood (and vice versa). This helps build trust between people who might not have known each other before meeting up face-to-face–and it helps ensure everyone stays on the same page throughout any conversation or discussion taking place between them.
- You want to improve your English speaking skills.
- You want to become an effective communicator in the English language.
- You want to learn business and job-related vocabulary and expressions.
- You want to improve your listening comprehension and pronunciation
I hope these goals will help you to achieve a higher level of English proficiency. I know that it can be difficult at first, but with practice and commitment, you will get there!