HOW TO DISABLE FUNCTION KEY IN HP LAPTOP
I don’t know about you, but one of my least favorite things about HP laptops is the fact that the function keys are always active. This means that when I’m taking notes or browsing the internet on my HP laptop, it’s very easy for me to accidentally hit a key like F1 and close an open window or tab without meaning to do so. It’s annoying! Fortunately, there is an easy way to disable this feature in a HP laptop:
Step 1: Go to Start menu.
Press Windows key + X, and then select Control Panel from the list of options that appears.
Step 2: Select Ease of Access from the Control Panel window that opens up.
This will open a new window with several options for you to choose from, including: Make the keyboard easier to use, Change how text is displayed (font size), Make it easier to focus on tasks (High Contrast), Turn on Narrator or Cortana voice assistant features (on Windows 10). We want “Other Options” so click on it once you’ve found it in this list of choices!
Step 2: Click on Settings.
- Click on the Start button.
- Select Settings, then click Ease of Access.
- Under Other Options, scroll down and click on Turn on Toggle Keys. If you don’t see this option, then it’s likely that your laptop doesn’t have a function keypad (you can check by pressing each key). If this is the case, skip ahead to Step 3: Save Changes below!
Step 3: Select Ease of Access > Other options.
To get to these settings, click the Start button and then click Settings.
On the Settings screen, scroll down and select Ease of Access.
In the Ease of Access section, select Other options at the bottom of the window on your right-hand side:
Step 4: Scroll down and click on “Turn on Toggle Keys” and make sure to turn the toggle key off by unchecking the box next to it. The F1-F12 keys should now be disabled in your HP laptop.
To disable function keys in your HP laptop, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click Ease of Access and then click Ease of Access Center.
- Under Make the keyboard easier to use, click Change how your keyboard works and then select Turn on Toggle Keys from the list of options that appear under Turn on or off under Select a setting for this feature (if it’s not already selected). You’ll see an option called Turn on Toggle Keys at the bottom of this page with a check mark next to it; uncheck that box if you want to disable F1-F12 key usage completely!
Another way to disable function keys in a HP laptop is through BIOS settings. To do this, you need to enter BIOS Setup, which can be done by pressing F2 as soon as you start your computer. Once you are in BIOS Setup, look for an option called “Function Key Lock” or something similar, and enable that option by checking the box next to it (there may be more than one option available). After making this change, restart your laptop and press F1 – F12 keys to see if they have changed their behavior or not.
Hopefully this article will help you disable function keys in your HP laptop. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave them in the comments section below!