Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
As the year comes to an end, the weather in India starts getting cooler, making December one of the best months to travel. If you’re looking for ideas on where to go, here are some of the best places to visit in December in India!
Goa is the smallest state in India, and yet it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. December is a great time to visit Goa, as the weather is pleasant and there are plenty of events and activities to enjoy. Here are some of the best places to visit in Goa in December:
1. Calangute Beach: Calangute is one of the most popular beaches in Goa, and for good reason. The golden sand and clear blue water make it a perfect place to relax, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars close by if you need a break from the sun.
2. Anjuna Beach: Anjuna is another popular beach in Goa, known for its vibrant nightlife scene. If you’re looking to party, this is the place to be. There are also plenty of beach shacks selling delicious food if you need to refuel.
3. Fort Aguada: Fort Aguada is a well-preserved fort that was built by the Portuguese in 1612. It’s located on a hilltop overlooking Sinquerim Beach, making it a great spot for photos. You can also take a tour of the fort to learn more about its history.
4. Dudhsagar Falls: Dudhsagar Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in India, and it’s especially impressive during the monsoon season (which ends in December). It’s located in Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary, about 60 kilometers from Panaji.
5. Basilica of Bom Jesus: The Basilica of Bom Jesus is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that contains the remains of Saint Francis Xavier. It’s one of the most popular tourist attractions in Goa, and it’s definitely worth a visit if you’re interested in history or religion.
Kerala is often called “God’s Own Country” and it really lives up to its name. With its lush greenery, beautiful beaches, and friendly people, Kerala is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. December is the ideal time to visit Kerala as the weather is cool and pleasant.
Some of the best places to visit in Kerala in December are:
1. Munnar: Munnar is a small town located in the Western Ghats mountain range. It is famous for its tea plantations and picturesque views. December is a great time to visit Munnar as the temperatures are cooler than usual and there are fewer crowds.
2. Alleppey: Alleppey is a beautiful town located on the coast of Kerala. It is known for its houseboats, which are traditional boats that have been converted into floating hotels. Alleppey is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
3. Kumarakom: Kumarakom is another lovely town located in the backwaters of Kerala. It is known for its bird sanctuary, which is home to many rare species of birds. Kumarakom is a great place to enjoy some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Rajasthan, the land of the Kings, is a perfect destination to visit in December. The weather is cool and pleasant, making it ideal to explore the many forts, palaces, and temples that dot the state. December is also a great time to experience the vibrant culture of Rajasthan, with its colorful festivals and live music. Here are some of the best places to visit in Rajasthan in December:
1. Jaipur: The Pink City of Jaipur is a must-visit in December. From its magnificent forts and palaces to its bustling markets, there is much to see and do here. Don’t miss out on experiencing a traditional elephant ride at Amer Fort!
2. Udaipur: Udaipur, known as the City of Lakes, is a beautiful place to visit in December. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola or explore the many Havelis (traditional mansions) that line its shores.
3. Jodhpur: Jodhpur, the Blue City, is another must-see in Rajasthan. Its stunning blue-painted buildings are a sight to behold. Be sure to visit Mehrangarh Fort, one of the largest forts in India!
4. Pushkar: Pushkar is a holy city located on the banks of Lake Pushkar. It is home to many temples and ghats (Hindu ceremonial steps),
Ladakh is a region in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir that lies between the Karakoram and Himalayan mountain ranges. It is one of the most sparsely populated regions in Jammu and Kashmir and its culture and history are closely linked to Tibetan Buddhism. The landscape of Ladakh consists of high-altitude deserts, barren mountainscapes, alpine meadows and clear lakes.
Ladakh is a popular destination for adventure seekers as it offers many opportunities for trekking, mountaineering and other outdoor activities. December is an ideal time to visit Ladakh as the weather is relatively milder than in other parts of the Himalayas and there are fewer tourists.
Some of the popular tourist attractions in Ladakh include Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso Lake and Tso Moriri Lake.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a perfect getaway for those who want to escape the cold weather in December. With their tropical climate and beautiful beaches, the islands offer a welcome respite from the winter blues.
There are many activities to keep you busy on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, such as swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, and exploring the many hiking trails. You can also visit the Cellular Jail, which is a former British prison that now houses a museum.
If you’re looking for a place to relax and rejuvenate, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the perfect destination. With its stunning scenery and tranquil atmosphere, you’re sure to have an enjoyable and memorable trip.
Sikkim is a beautiful state in the northeastern part of India. Nestled in the Himalayan mountains, Sikkim is known for its stunning scenery, friendly people, and rich culture. December is an ideal time to visit Sikkim, as the weather is cool and dry. Here are some of the best places to visit in Sikkim in December:
Gangtok: The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok is a popular tourist destination for its scenic beauty and Buddhist monasteries. Visit Gangtok in December to see the city decked out in holiday lights and decorations.
Pelling: Pelling is a small town located in the western part of Sikkim. It’s known for its views of the Himalayan mountains, waterfalls, and dense forests. December is a great time to visit Pelling as you can see the snow-capped peaks of Kanchenjunga, the world’s third-highest mountain.
Yuksom: Yuksom is a historic town located in central Sikkim. It was once the capital of Sikkim and is now a popular starting point for trekkers heading to Dzongri or Goechala. Yuksom is also home to several monasteries and temples, making it a great place to learn about Buddhism and Tibetan culture.
Ravangla: Ravangla is a small town located in southern Sikkim. It’s known for its views of the Himalayan mountains, as well as its handicrafts and Tibetan cuisine. December is a great time to visit Ravangla as you can see the snow-capped peaks of Kanchenjunga.
Ladakh is a beautiful region in the Indian Himalayas. It’s known for its high-altitude lakes, Buddhist monasteries, and rugged landscapes. December is an ideal time to visit Ladakh as the weather is cool and dry. Here are some of the best places to visit in Ladakh in December:
Leh: The capital of Ladakh, Leh is a popular tourist destination for its Buddhist monasteries, fortresses, and stunning views of the Himalayan mountains. Visit Leh in December to see the city decked out in holiday lights and decorations.
Nubra Valley: The Nubra Valley is a beautiful valley located in northern Ladakh. It’s known for its camel safaris, sand dunes, and views of the Karakoram mountain range. December is a great time to visit the Nubra Valley as you can see the snow-capped peaks of K2, the
If you’re looking for a winter wonderland in India, head to Himachal Pradesh – a state in the northern part of the country that’s home to some of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains in the world. In December, the temperature in Himachal Pradesh ranges from 5°C to 15°C, making it the perfect destination for a winter getaway. There are plenty of things to see and do in Himachal Pradesh, from exploring ancient temples and forts to trekking through spectacular forests and valleys. Here are some of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in December:
-The Great Himalayan National Park: Located in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, The Great Himalayan National Park is one of the best places to see snow-capped mountains and experience nature at its finest. The park is also home to several endangered species of animals, so keep your eyes peeled for rare sightings!
-Rohtang Pass: Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass that connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys. It’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh, thanks to its stunning views of glaciers, peaks, and valleys. Be sure to pack your warmest clothes if you plan on visiting Rohtang Pass in December – temperatures can drop as low as -10°C!
You must login or register to add a new answer .